Hello everyone. How is your week going? Today I want to share with you the top Fashion Icons I admire. The first eight I will mention are real fashion Icons from the past who influenced the entire Fashion world in their own special way. But I also have two stunning ladies who are also incredible and I just need to mention them as well even though I don’t really know if they count as real fashion Icons. There are a lot more women and men out there who are incredible but I had to cut them down to those I like the most. And it is going to be a long post. At first I thought it might can be two separate once but I think they have to be presented at once so you might understand the relation to each of those persons and why they are so fascinating for me. I also added a quote from each person so you can make yourself a picture how this person thinks. Anyways they are all very special and inspiring for me so here they are:
(I do not have a special order!)
- Coco Chanel – her full name was Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, she was born in 1883 and died in 1971. She was a French fashion designer who started with nothing and got everything. She never cared about what others said she just did what was right in her eyes. She changed up the entire fashion world just because she did her own thing and took inspiration in menswear. And that´s exactly why she is such an inspiration to me. If you want to know more about her, her life and how she achieved so much then there is a really good movie you can watch: Coco Before Chanel from 2009
“If you want to be original, be ready to be copied.”
- Marilyn Monroe – born as Norma Jeane Mortenson lived from 1926 to 1962. She was an American actress, model, singer and sex symbol. I like her so much because she was not just beautiful in the outside and the inside but she was quite intelligent if you ask me. Maybe some of you do not agree with me in this point but if you read her quotes she always had something wise to say. I also like that she is still such a sex symbol even though she isn’t that skinny as many models nowadays. She was truly a really beautiful, wise and gorgeous women and I would have loved to meet her. If I could met one dead person she might be it. There is also a great movie about her if you would like to watch it: My week with Marilyn (2011). I think Michelle Williams did quite a good job portraying her.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than being absolutely boring.”
- Princess Diana – she was born in 1961 and died sadly in 1997 during a car accident. We can argue if this was a real accident or not but she was definitely a stunning person. Even though she wasn´t always submissiveness, she was the queen of the hearts. No I should rather say because of it she was the queen of the hearts. She was always there for the simple people and that’s what the nation noticed.
“The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.”
- Karl Lagerfeld – the only man in my list but he is worth it. He is born in 1933 in Germany. He is a creative director, artist and photographer. He now lives in Paris and is the head creative director of Chanel. I love nearly every single picture he ever shot. He has an amazing taste when it comes to fashion photography. A lovely thing about him would be that he never wanted the world to know how old he really is. But do anyone cares? He is amazing and a true inspiration for everyone. I wish I could meet him once but this will probably stay a dream.
“ TRENDY is the last stage before TRACKY. When things become too popular they are always fading away for something else.”
- Anna Wintour – is born in 1949 and is known as a British-American journalist and editor. Since 1988 she is the editor-in-chief of Vogue. So she is living literally my dream. Top of the notch in the fashion industry. Her two trademarks are her pageboy bob haircut and her dark sunglasses. I don’t know really what to say but she is a real inspiration if you want to be successful in the fashion industry.
“Why fit in, when you were born to stand out?”
- Audrey Hepburn – was born as Audrey Kathleen Ruston in 1929 and died in 1993. She was a British actress, model, dancer and if this wouldn’t be enough to be remembered by everyone she was also a humanitarian. She was also ranked as third greatest female screen legend.
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”
- Vera Weng – Vera Ellen Wang was born in 1949 and is an American fashion designer with such stunning and beautiful wedding dresses that it´s nearly impossible. She designed her own one because she doesn’t want to select one and nowadays she is one of the best-known names in the bridal wear.
“Don’t be afraid to take time to learn. It’s good to work for other people. I worked for others for 20 years. They paid me to learn.”
- Vivienne Westwood – Dame Vivienne Isabel Westwood was born in 1941 and is a well-known British fashion designer and businesswomen. She has really incredible and edgy fashion. She always loved provocation. She changed the way people where looking. I think she just loves to experiment.
“Fashion is very important. It is life-enhancing and, like everything that gives pleasure, it is worth doing well.”
And here are two other women I have to mention because of what they achieved and how they motivate and inspire me:
- Gigi Hadid – she is 22 years old and was signed to IMG models in 2013. Her full name is Jelena Noura Hadid and was born in California. She was on a ton on covers all over the fashion magazines and walked the Victoria’s Secret show in 2016 for the second time. This year she is sadly not part of it. But she won the Glamour Women of the Year Award: The Supanova (watch this video on how she gets it). This does have a reason because she is breaking in the fashion world so fast and is such an inspiration to so many women all over the world. And even though she has so much success she never went too crazy.
“Eat clean. Stay fit. And have a burger to stay sane.”
- Cara Delevingne – she is now 25 years old and was born in London. She is a fashion model but also an actress and she sing. Man, she can everything and she always stays real. She is just stunning. She signed with Storm Model Management in 2009 and she appeared in multiple fashion shows for big houses like Burberry, Chanel and many more. She is a true inspiration to me not just because she such a successful and beautiful women but because she struggled so much in her earlier life and still gained all this success. I watched such a great interview with her which I love to watch over and over again to motivate myself (look it up here).
“Embrace your weirdness.”
I hope you liked this post let me know in the comments down below which Fashion Icon you love most and why.
I am really looking forward to read your comments. Lots of love